Trip to Mumbai - Party ! Shop ! Eat !

Wow !! Its been too long since I last traveled. This was just a weekend trip away from the daily routine. Decided all of sudden that it was time.. lets get out !!!
So I finally gave in to my wish and traveled to Mumbai (Thane). Tickets were cheap (Rs 5000) for two way(Bangalore <-> Mumbai). Now the other issues was how do I manage to reach the airports both in Bangalore and in Mumbai?? Bus seemed a good option for me to travel safe and alone at weird hours in Bangalore. But it was a total mess both the times from home to airport and vice versa.. :(
Well I tried hard to organize it better .. Called up the BMTC people earlier night to check if bus comes on time and what times. Googled to check about the busses and its convenience and the routes and timings. But its all about luck. For me it was a complete bad luck!!! The 12th early morning, the bus never turned up at 9th block bus stop in Jaynagar .. And had to travel to 4th block bus stop wait up for 15 mins, call up the BMTC number to enquire if any chance I would get a bus.. Luckily there were two other ladies at the stop traveling to Airport and we got together and went by a shared taxi. 150 per head cheaper than bus and no stops in between .. On my way back on 14th at 7:20 the bus decided it will not stop at the bus stop instead just to get on my nerves stop at least 1 km away so that I don't get an auto and I walk with all my luggage (which was so packed with all the shopping done.. Can't believe I cursed myself for shopping so much coz the bus driver made me walk) ..
But lucky me I had my cousin there in Mumbai to pick me and drop me at the airport. So chweet ..
The next problem in hand for me was what do I do in Mumbai for 3 days. Coz the plans made were completely useless as my bro and my friends were getting free only on Saturday evening. Hmm so watched movies .. Harishchandrachi Factory(A Marathi movie ..pretty decent one .. and I understood what was happening ) and MNIK(My name is Khan .. this was just for my bro salil that I watched .. but ok .. S scenes were good but a typical karan jhohar drama ) .. Then ate loads of food (hmm lets see .. pani puri, wada pav, misal pav, dahi puri, aloo puri, ice cream .. this was enough to get my system on track next day ;) ) .. And finally shopped for my cousins .. Now if u r wondering why am I not in the picture .. Well I wanted to shop cheap stuff.. 100 - 200 rs worth and not more than that .. Anyways I get the expensive stuff in Bangalore ..
Now the fun part for which I went began .. But could not last long .. :( PARY HARD!!!
So we all went off to Hawain Shack .. As my friend said to me the party only begins at 11 .. But then we could find a cozy place and have loads of alcohol and get a lil high to be able to enjoy dancing after 11 .. ;) .. it was fun .. free shots for ladies .. uuuuh!!! That was nice .. But I am not the person who can utilize such opportunities .. well anyways .. we were lucky enough that my decent bro was not drinking at all .. so we all could enjoy to the core and get back home safe .. The bad part of this place for me was we had to pass by linking road .. and it badly tempted me to shop !!! and I could not .. Oh yeah .. I enjoyed the sea link long drive my bro decided to take me on .. That was nice .. looks beautiful in night .. my camera was not good enough to capture the beauty though ..
With all this we all just crashed out at my friends place ..
The last day, now I had to shop!!! No going back empty handed .. how could I ?? So asked my bro to take me to a place I can shop and go back .. So Hurray I shopped at Thane itself .. bought few slippers (not the bathroom ones :P) and few hand bags for myself and my sis and mom ..
The funny part is I go so far and all I want to do is shop and party !!! well that's me .. Hope u guys have better trips to mumbai ..
0 Responses

Post a Comment