Lansdowne Delhi Trip

Each one of us have a set of expectations on what a trip should be like.. Right ! I am no different.. I had my set of ideas on how the trip is supposed to be.. So with a plan that i would spend some days away from Delhi and see a few places around.. And spend 1 day shopping and catching up with another friend with whom i had my last North India trip.. Guess what like my friend quoted "the outline of what plan was set worked out may be not exactly though".. Should that have been good enough for me ?
    So here goes... I had booked my flight from Bangalore to Delhi at around 7:45 which was to reach Delhi around 10:20 in night.. I managed to get my work done and wind up and reach airport just in time.. You know how it is with Bangalore traffic and airport being so far .. Its always unpredictable if you will reach on time or not.. But luck favored me (for now) and caught the flight on time.. Once i reached Delhi i was all excited that finally after 1 month planning i am here in Delhi.. (1 month of planning .. "Why so?" if that is what you are wondering that's a long story and i will tell in bits as the story continues). I got off the flight and first thing i realize is that Delhi is freaking HOT! But well when you are excited to reach your destination these thing don't matter ( at least that's what I thought).. So I call up my friends who were suppose to pick me up.. Late latif as they are, I expected half hour delay... But for my misfortune (bad luck that began) they reached 1 1/2 hour late.. By that time I was just Irritated to the core.. (PS: I always try to be on time .. Max 10 minute's late.. And expect the same with people who i am meeting up with.. So this one and half hour delay was way too much for me and my idle brain).. I just could not enjoy the rest of the night. To add to my woes I was hungry and had in mind to go to some Dhabba and have dinner. But my friends had something else in mind. Eat the Mutton Biryani that I got from Bangalore.. (These friends have lived in Bangalore and moved to Delhi for work.. thus the request for Biryani from Bangalore) .. So what about me? But one of my friend was sweet enough to make parantha.. So I was at least not hungry anymore..something to console myself I suppose.. Was this trip not suppose to be for me? And once tings begin in a bad note, It continues the same way..
   The night was just long .. Not sleepy and still upset with the way trip began .. I was just pulling away from everyone.. And not getting the attention i was seeking made things worse.. Finally it was morning and the cab came on time.. and we left for Lansdowne (a small hill-station away from Delhi).. This place is about 270 km from Delhi and we expected to reach there by 2 PM with a few breaks in between. But we reached there by 4 PM with no lunch and tired and sleepy.. This ended up increasing my irritation.. But i tried to keep calm as I did not have the right to show out my emotions.. But my irritations just kept bottling up.. (not so good for me)..
The evening was just beautiful.. But i enjoyed it alone as my friends just slept off.. Felt little lonely sitting there in such a beautiful place all by myself.. Well that's life i suppose!
   So my second night away from Bangalore.. Everyone was awake and we sat down to enjoy the view and talk about life and generic stuff.. I was dead tired by 11 so i slept off and woke up when they came into the room at 1.(You wondering where were they till then ? Well they were sitting outside drinking and enjoying).. When i woke up i was hungry so these guys put some effort made Maggie and i ate it .. Just like mera Maggie wala story.. so by 3 we all slept.. This ended up with late morning next day .. 
  Next day (day 3) was good.. Climate got little gloomy by afternoon .. we saw a few places in lansdowne .. Nothing grand but every hill station has these points .. A suicide point, temple and a church.. The same was for us .. After covering these places we had our lunch at a small hotel in market .. the food was good or we were just hungry .. We headed back to our hotel. That evening we planned to a small trek to see a tiger or chetah or something.. As you figured out we did not see any animals.. But trek was good for us .. Made me realize how old and unfit i have become.. After the trek we decided to go back uphill for some shopping.. As it was a little late and dark our hotel managers suggested not to go.. But we decided to ignore the warnings and went up.. From the market its around 3 km downhill... Its a steep and scary road .. An experienced driver can best navigate these roads.. So be careful! This night could have gone better but just something had to happen.. We met with a small accident.. And if not for the army men we would be in that place entire night trying to get the vehicle out.. But this was i suppose just a warning sign that we have to be careful and get serious about life.. This incident ended up us all arguing whose mistake it was and why this happened. I know such discussions are never fruitful.. But with my state of mind from past 3 days.. I pitched into the argument and things got worse for that night.. Things between us all settled only at 5 in the morning.. So our plan to return back on Monday (4th day) to Delhi by morning did not work.. We left at 4 in evening and reached Delhi by night 11:30 safe and sound. 
   One thing that was good was the place "Lansdowne".. Climate became so much better on the day we left .. It rained a bit.. Temperature dropped down to good 20 degrees.. The hotel where we stayed was nice .. Great view .. Awesome food .. Rabbits running around.. And very hospitable people.. Just in case you plan to visit here is the link to plan up.. And hotel details.. I hope your trip turns out much better than ours..
    The night we reached Delhi it was my best Friends 30th birthday .. So we did a small celebration with cake and gifts.. And we just slept off.. The next day we lazed around and went shopping to palika bazzar .. Really a great place to shop.. So keep at least few hours in hand before you go shopping there... Its a underground market.. But huge and a/c one.. And its not closed on Tuesday.. So shop your heart out ... If you have time make sure you go to Kake da hotel.. (known as kake da dhaba) .. You get amazing chicken and hot roti's to go with it.. Relish all you can..
   That's all for my trip.. Not a grand one.. But something to remember though. Hope you have a better trip!  Happy Traveling!
Labels: , , edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment